Traffic Advisory December 22 – 26:
- Motorists are advised that there will be shoulder closures and miscellaneous road work performed daily between 7:00am and 5:00pm on December 22nd and 23rd.
- There will be no work during the holidays (December 23rd – 29th).
- The temporary southbound on-ramp to SR 99 at the south end of Salida Blvd. is in operation. The portion of Salida Blvd. from the Super 8 Motel south is now a one way street in the southbound direction. Please use Kiernan Avenue or Standiford Avenue interchange to access SR 99.
- The Salida Blvd./Dakota Avenue/Murphy Road Railroad Crossing is now fully closed (both directions of travel). The closure will remain in effect until approximately Spring of 2016. When the new permanent southbound on-ramp is constructed, the temporary southbound on-ramp will be removed and the railroad crossing and Salida Blvd. will be reopened and returned to its original configuration.
- The new northbound on-ramp to State Route 99 is now open. The on-ramp access is off of Sisk Road at Greenleaf Court. Please be advised the Sisk Road/Northbound on-ramp/Greenleaf Court intersection is now an all way stop controlled intersection. In addition, the Pelandale Avenue/Sisk Road intersection has been revised to provide two left-turn lanes from both northbound and southbound Sisk Road onto Pelandale Avenue.
The State Route 99 / Pelandale Avenue Interchange reconstruction project includes reconstruction of the Pelandale Avenue overcrossing, the SR-99 on and off ramps in new alignments, and construction of a southbound auxiliary lane. The project is critical to increase safety, relieve congestion, and enhance traffic operations within the Interchange and along the adjacent streets. The project will regionally benefit the operational capacity of SR-99 and the surrounding road network.
As Modesto’s northern gateway, the Pelandale Avenue Interchange has substantial local, regional, and interregional benefits beyond traffic relief. The Project’s enhanced landscaping and structure aesthetics will increase the visibility and draw to the City’s major shopping centers and industrial parks, thus promoting existing and planned future economic development. The Pelandale Avenue interchange also provides direct access to a Kaiser Permanente Hospital. Improving the traffic operations will allow emergency responders including highway patrol, police, fire, and ambulance, to react and serve more efficiently.
The largest transportation project in Modesto history, the Pelandale Avenue Interchange project will provide regional benefits by providing much needed relief to SR-99 and creating a gateway entrance into the City of Modesto.
The project will:
- Improve safety and traffic mobility to address the current and future travel demands on SR-99 and adjacent roads.
- Improve interregional freight traffic flow and reduce congestion related economic losses that can occur when transporting goods.
- Provide a transportation facility consistent with local, regional, and statewide plans, and with local and State Standards.
- Improve regional connections between residential areas, employment centers, and major commercial centers.
- Create a gateway entrance into the City for travelers along SR-99.